Wednesday, May 14, 2014

"i was driving and could not stop"

Seen last night on my way home, at corner of NE Ainsworth and MLK in Portland:






































After I shared it on my Facebook page last night, a friend immediately responded, saying she had seen the beautiful moon but was driving and could not stop. She thanked me for taking the picture.

She was driving and could not stop.

Well, that is sort of my point sometimes, as to why I choose to ride a bicycle.
Because I am always traveling slowly enough that if I want or need to stop, I can. And do.
I felt a little sorry for my friend, and for all my friends who cannot stop because they are driving cars.

In other news, There's a very thoughtful article over at Bikeportland.org about the state of Portland's bicycle landscape these days:
http://bikeportland.org/2014/05/13/something-has-gone-wrong-in-portland-105851
Frankly, now that I've done and experienced so many aspects of the scene, all I want to do these days is ride my bicycle, slowly enough that I can stop and admire the world whenever I want.

Happy riding.

No comments: