Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Portland-area Riv/Bstone/bikelovestyle Thanksgiving morning ride


Portland-Area Riv/BStone/bikelovestyle enthusiasts: I'm throwing a Thanksgiving morning Turkey Anticipation Ride. Bring a friend. Rivs and BStones, or any other beautiful bike you love to ride (please make sure your bike is equipped with fenders, this is Portland).

Thanksgiving morning, leaves from the Paul Bunyan statue in Kenton at 9am sharp. (So show up by 8:45 or so.) Easy (average pace 11-12 mph) jaunt along Columbia Slough, through Smith & Bybee Lakes area and around Kelley Point, loop back through historic St. Johns and end at Peninsula park in NE Portland. Assuming a coffee shop will be open in St. Johns, we can stop for coffee if there's consensus. Estimated distance, about 18-20 miles.

Ride your bike early in the day, before you commit to the tryptophan stupor!

About the only thing that will cancel this ride is a snowstrom, or jawbreaker-sized hailstones.

4 comments:

jjfantastic said...

We'll be in Kansas City or I would surely come ride with you. One of these days it WILL happen.

Harry H said...

Phoo. I won't be in Portland until later in the afternoon.

Trevor said...

Hi, Greetings from the UK...I have just found your blog and have been catching up on your previous posts...great stuff.
I have linked as a follower and invite you to do the same at my blog purpletraveller.blogspot.co.uk
Great to have connected..
Regards
Trevor

bikelovejones said...

JJ -- I have a friend in the KC area and perhaps one of these years I'll get to make a visit there. Have a great trip!

Harry -- timing is everything. I have to be at my family gathering by 2pm. (..::sigh::..)

Trevor -- hi. I checked out your blog and will add it to my feed. Interesting stuff, though it's always odd reading reviews of products I can't easily obtain in the usa. Still, Thanks for the tip of the helmet, and happy riding .