Sunday, July 14, 2013

2013 disaster relief trials and cargo bike festival, portland

Yesterday I volunteered at the 2nd Annual Disaster Relief Trials and Cargo Bike Festival, held in Portland OR at OMSI (Oregon Museum of Science and Industry).

There were, by my highly unscientific count, well over 100 human-powered cargo vehicles in attendance. The majority were two-wheeled cargo bicycles, along with a number of trailers and other specialty vehicles.

I wrote a write-up for the event organizers which will appear, no doubt in highly edited form, over at BikePortland.org.

I also took a lot of photos, and they can be found here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bethness/sets/72157634632278132/

Here are a few of the many pictures I took. Enjoy!


Pal Joel's beautiful new Bullit cargo bike with custom, fully-reflective paint. This thing glows in the dark! Joel finished on the podium in the open class of the DRT.



Left to right: long-john, Bakfiets and Christiania BoxBike.



Yes, that is really a skateboard with custom cargo trailer. He participated in the citizen class of the Trials and as far as I know was able to finish the course.

No comments: