Tuesday, January 1, 2019

happy new year



Happy New Year.
It was 36F today in PDX and nearly perfect for my first ride of 2019.
Although it was pretty darned cold -- especially for my creaky knees -- I'm glad I went out today.
Along the way I enjoyed bright winter sunshine, found a nice wool cap that should clean up nicely, and had my first off-season coffeeneuring stop.
I was so tired when I came home from my little loop (total less than five miles) that I had to take a nap.
This appears to be the new normal for me, and I am still learning how to get along with it.
For every day I'm able to get myself out on a bike, there are four or five I just can't do it. This is from the combination of depression, aging, fatigue and joint pain from auto-immune disease all partying in my body. And I'm trying not to be too hard on myself on the days when I can't get myself to swing a leg over the top tube. I am learning how to be myself in this evolving body one day at a time.
I hope the lengthening, warming days will help.
Looking ahead to the Errandonnee later this winter, and #30daysofbiking in April.
And reminding myself that nowadays it's about quality over quantity.
Rubber side down, and may all your miles be caffeinated.
#alwaysbecoffeeneuring

#welcometoportland
#rideyourbike

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling

1 comment:

Bluejay said...

Great to hear your stories. They give us readers hope.
Thank you