Monday, April 3, 2017

30 days of biking: April 3

Errand taking a heavy load of unwanted items to Next Adventure for trade-in. I generally manage to leave close to empty-handed, if only because I know what they like and I'm able to provide it.

On my ride there I saw lot after lot where derelict buildings had been torn down and construction was taking place. Portland is growing, and growing. I shudder to think what that will mean for bicycle transportation in town, as more people more here and demand their "right to drive".

Ugh.

On the bright side, it was a lovely ride, warmer than yesterday and sunny. Cherry blossoms, daffodils and tulips colored the route and made me smile.

Cherry blossoms along Dekum Street.














Evidence photo. It's all artsy because of the double-pane glass.
 

No comments: