Wednesday, May 16, 2018

back in the saddle, at least a little bit

I was offered a very part-time job cranking out donated bikes for resale at Bikes For Humanity PDX, a small non-profit that empowers low-income people through fixing and riding bicycles. It's part-time and seasonal, and mostly I'd be coming in off-hours to overhaul/tune up used bikes. Occasionally I'd also help teach volunteers how to do simple repairs.
it's a little money in my pocket, which I sorely need in the absence of any music gigs in July or August. And it's a way to keep my hand in it without having to deal with the high pressure of wrenching in a full-service shop.

Today was my first day. I felt welcomed and appreciated and it was lovely.


2 comments:

a said...

I got to work for B4H in 2016. I'm so very excited that you're going to be at the shop-- your resourcefulness and no-bullsh#%t will be a treasure there. I'm sure everyone there is grateful that you'll be around this summer.

a said...

I got to work for B4H in 2016. I'm so very excited that you're going to be at the shop-- your resourcefulness and no-bullsh#%t will be a treasure there. I'm sure everyone there is grateful that you'll be around this summer.