Saturday, October 17, 2015

coffeeneuring challenge 2015:6 -- Disaster Relief Trials, Portland


I volunteered this morning at the Disaster Relief Trials, a simulation event/contest that demonstrates how cargo bicycles can become a lifeline for a community in the first days after a natural disaster.

It was an opportunity to enjoy an early-morning ride along N. Willamette Blvd, view some pretty awesome cargo bicycles in action, and sip some coffee I'd brewed up fresh just before leaving the house.
I've included a video and a couple of evidence photos here. The rest can be seen at my Flickr page.

Total distance: Around 9 miles RT.
 
Photos: Registration and coffee go together.

In addition to signing in riders, I also did some dog-sitting with the delightful Memphis.

Video: LeMans-style start for Family and E-Assist categories.






                      








No comments: