Tuesday, June 29, 2010

bike race hangover: not pretty

Today I am utterly fried.
All I want to do is go to bed and sleep for two days.
My feet are swollen, my arm has a tender blue lump where it hit the tree, and all my joints ache and feel stiff and slow.
(No, I didn't stretch after my race. Didn't have a chance because I had to cool down, eat a sandwich and go to my next volunteer assignment twenty minutes after my race ended. Note to self: next year, cough up the bucks and pay to race because 90 minutes of volunteer time is too much based on my recovery needs.)
I am really, really feeling my race today.
My racing age is 47 but right now I feel twenty years older.
Of course, this is an experiment: I've never tried to race every week for seven weeks before.
I hope it doesn't feel like this every week.
Wow.

No comments: