I got this Burley Travoy last year and I really like it.
Only problem is, the trailer hitch won't work on my seatpost. But fear not! Burley has thoughtfully provided an adapter so the hitch can be mounted on top of a full-size rear rack.
And that has definitely made it possible for me to use and enjoy the trailer.
The only issue is that, when mounted according to the (easy-to-follow) instructions, the hitch sits very low -- TOO low -- on smaller bikes, meaning there is a less-than-optimal engagement between the hitch and the trailer arm.
So after looking at the thing for awhile, I hit upon the idea of making a riser block from some scrap wood, and inserting it just above the rack and below the top half of the adapter.
I cut a section from a large piece of scrap plywood of roughly the right thickness, sanded it, and applied primer and paint.
When it was dried, I then used the top of the adapter as a template and drilled holes for longer bolts to go through.
Then, I reassembled the adapter on the rack, with the riser block where I wanted it.
The plywood was cheap and old, and still broke off a little bit after all the filling and gluing and painting. So I wrapped that end with gaffer tape, poked holes, and proceeded.
It definitely improves the angle of entry for the trailer arm, though it's still not quite optimal.
But it's much better than it was, and hopefully will lessen the strain on the nylon piece that feeds into the hitch. I'll live with it for awhile and see what happens.
If I think it's still not working well, I swap in a nicer, taller block of hardwood to further improve the hookup.
Today, I take a load of drums up to WestCraft Drums for refurbishing anmd see how the trailer handles the load. It's the last nice day for riding before we get hit with a few 90-degree days.