Friday, March 4, 2011

presenting the circulus


The Circulus in action. 3/14/2011

Yes, I know. It's been all over the internet. But it's in my town, and I HAD to go and see it. Dan and Kevin of Portland Design Works were kind enough to show me the thing and Kevin was more than happy to give a short demo.
I am equal parts impressed and incredulous. Sadly, I do not carry enough life insurance to ride around it myself. (I will admit, though, that the tiny "ramp room" -- a leftover feature from the indoor skateboard park that used to occupy this building -- was dangerously tempting. Good thing there wasn't a spare skateboard lying about.)
This could create a new benchmark for what constitutes "sick and wrong". (I do hope they pad those poles soon, and get an insurance rider while they're at it.)

All in all, it's pretty damned cool, and if I were twenty years younger I'd give it a go.

No comments: