Wednesday, September 30, 2015

return of the coffeeneur, 2015 edition

I've decided to take up the Coffeeneuring Challenge again this year, after taking last year off due to my out-of-town High Holy Days gig.

This year, I'm going to make it a point to ride someplace social as often as I can, even though my riding no longer involves a commute to a regular workplace. I will also try to find some more "exotic locales" in which to enjoy my hot beverage.
However, I can't always promise that I will buy my coffee at a coffee shop; since becoming a full-time freelance musician and tutor last year money is, frankly, pretty damned tight.
So I may make merely acceptable (and more affordable) coffee at home and take it somewhere to drink out of a thermos. Pictures will be taken and coffee will be drunk and every ride will be in excess of two miles RT. I can promise that much.

My first ride will be Sunday, October 4, to a place that probably no other entrant has considered yet.
It'll be different, I promise.


















Oh, and hey -- remember the used bike I scored on craigslist a few years back and brought home on my very first Coffeeneuring ride? (In trailer, above) Well, maybe I'll even ride that bike on Sunday so you can see how it looks now. Stay tuned and happy riding!

No comments: