Saturday, June 30, 2018

Refugee Bikes are back in [non]-business

Before I left for Kansas I had announced that, due to falling off of donations and my heading out of town for a month, I'd be closing down my Refugee Bikes operation.

Then I came home to Portlanders surrounding the local ICE detention center;
reports of Federal agents infiltrating the #OccupyICE camp illegally to get dirt on protestors, lawyers and journalists;
and three offers of donor bikes and some parts.

So for the time being, I'm back in [non]-business.
Since I'm not really up for protesting these days, I figure fixing bikes is something I can do to help out.
I am home all summer, preparing for High Holy Days and working with private students and riding my bike.
So if you have adult-sized bicycles that need a new home, let me know.
Contact me at
http://www.beth-hamon-music.com/contact

And thanks!

No comments: