Saturday, February 22, 2014

overlook


I enjoyed a beautiful walk this morning with Sweetie, but wanted more time outside.
So after I overhauled the headset on the Sekai -- it s gross, the greaase had turned hard and filthy gray -- I took the Sekai for a little ride.

It was cold out. By the time i took the bike out the temperature had actually dropped by at least five degrees and got colder as I went along. But I enjoyed beautiful views of bi-colored sky above Me, and I could see Council Crest from my vantage point at Overlook near Killingsworth

Along my loop I stopped for coffee at Grindhouse on Rosa Parks Way, and rode around Denver Avenue and over to Greeley, where I found the most amazing neon sign. If you're at all knowledgable about Jewish texts, the sign is really amazing to find, especially in North Portland.
(Hillel would be pleased. The quote comes from Pirke Avot -- "Sayings of the Fathers" -- and is part of a larger quote: "If I am not for myself, then who will be for me? If I am only for myself, then what am I? And if not now, when?")
I returned home, glad for the loop but happy to get out of the cold. Looking forward to longer rides as the days grow warmer.































 




No comments: