Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Man plans and God laughs.

So here I am, happy to feel well enough to take part in the Coffeeneuring Challenge this year.

I do one ride. Feels amazing.

The next day I feel a bit spent, so I decide I'll go Monday and still get in two rides on the weekend.

And then Monday comes and I feel tired and sniffly. No ride.

It gets worse throughout the day and by bedtime I am mildly feverish.

Just for kicks and grins, I take a home Covid test.

Positive.

Along with this, I notice a couple of symptoms that I had during Long Covid have returned.
I've called the doctor and will also call the Long Covid clinic, and hopefully I'll get past this and be able to ride again.

But for now, I'm sipping hot tea, eating chicken soup and waiting to get past the worst of the crud.

..::sigh::..



No comments: