Monday, February 12, 2024

Pass it along.

Tom of TomCat Bikes came by today to buy some of my stuff, tools and wheels mostly.

Just before he left, I gave him the sign that I’d inherited from Q’s Bike Shop after Quinn died. I was there in Waldport that magical summer of 1994 when Quinn painted the sign, and it hung in my shed for twenty years. Now it’s going to another career bicycle mechanic who understands the importance of lore. Tom asked me to sign the back for him and I did.

I believe Quinn would be pleased.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

And my Cycle Portland poster endures!
-Shawn
https://urbanadventureleague.wordpress.com/landing-page/

bikelovejones said...

Shawn, that poster is crumbling with age and exposure, and has creepy-crawly eggs on the back. It's probably getting recycled. Sorry.